Holiday rentals in La Pineda
La Pineda is a destination of which the town core belongs to the municipality of Vilaseca. Its closeness to the neighbouring municipality Salou and the construction of the theme park PortAventura in the 90s boosted tourism in this little municipality on the Costa Dorada. Since then it has not stopped growing to convert itself into an important centre for leisure and entertainment.
Where to stay in La Pineda?
In La Pineda like in Salou the hotel offer is very important, but a less-expensive, more comfortable option is to choose apartments in La Pineda . On our website you can find holiday lettings in La Pineda, as well as holiday houses for rent in La Pineda or La Pineda villas for the more demanding. We have a lot of options and variety.
What to see and do in La Pineda?
- The promenade:the promenade of La Pineda is about 2,4km long and is without a doubt one of the biggest and most beautiful on the Costa Dorada and all of Catalonia.
- The beach of La Pineda: This destination has one central beach with fine, golden sand. With more than 3km of beach strip it is one of the biggest beaches on the Costa Dorada. The beach of La Pineda is divided into different areas: Prados Beach (the area close to the port), La Pineda Beach and Rincón Beach. It is approved and awarded with the blue flag. It is suitable for children because the entry to the water is smooth. This beach stretches along the municipality backed by a spectacular promenade and has all main rescue and first aid services. It is also adapted for people with reduced mobility. On this beach you have access to public transport via the bus line that passes through this destination and other main touristic destinations of the Costa Dorada.
- Aquópolis: The water park Aquópolis located in this magnificent destination is a whole universe of fun for children and adults alike. Kilometres of slides will delight the whole family during a holiday in La Pineda.
- Pacha La Pineda: Pacha is the epitome of clubs and it is located here. Each holiday season it is filled with young people that want to enjoy a night in this destination of the Costa Dorada.
- Torre d’en Dolça: This tower used to serve as a watch tower to protect the area from pirate attacks and plunderers. It has over 600 years of history and is perfectly conserved.
- La Sequía Major: the Sequía Major is a natural space protected by the Generalitat of Catalonia since 1992 is a humid coastal area located in La Pineda and one of the most appealing natural attractions in this destination.
- Ermita de La Pineda: If you like history do not miss out on a visit to the ermita de La Pineda, which is documented since the first half of the 14th century.
- PortAventura: PortAventura World Parks & Resort is a theme park and touristic complex that consists of PortAventura Park, the water park Costa Caribe Aquatic Park, 4 themed hotels and a convention centre. It is located in La Pineda, Salou and Vila-Seca. PortAventura was inaugurated in May 1995 and was the first theme park in Spain. Today it still is Number 1 in terms of visitors receiving approximately 4 million visitors per year. If you come for a holiday to this destination it is a must to visit PortAventura, because it is a worthwhile experience. PortAventura is divided into 6 big themed areas: Mediterranean, Polinesia, China, Mexico, Far West und Sesame Street Adventure, an area that is dedicated to the youngest visitors.
How to get to La Pineda?
This destination is located directly on the Costa Dorada about one kilometre from the centre of Salou. As a matter of fact, it is contiguous to the municipality of Salou. 10km from Tarragona and 100km from Barcelona. The closest airport from La Pineda is the airport in Reus at a distance of 8km. That is why this destination is so accessible for local and international tourism alike.